Sunday, June 19, 2011

FRESH by Anna Olson

I got this signed cookbook by this author who has had several shows on WNetwork about a year and a half ago and use it so much that it never gets put away. Just sits on the counter from one day to the next. She breaks it down into 4 seasons. Everyone knows what to do with salads in the summer but what do you do in the middle of the winter when all you see is carrots and cabbage?

I work really hard at only buying produce from my 100 mile radius (although I do admit bananas and avocados are the exception to this rule) and she makes it very very easy.

Tomorrow we are having friends for dinner and this is on my menu :)

Tender Greens with Marinated Cherries in Almond Vinaigrette
Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken
Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta with homemade vegetables and Parmesan
Homemade Berry Sorbet made with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, goat yogurt

Every single item is organic right down to the spices and oil... I am salivating just thinking about it!

0 comments: